On a sunny afternoon in bustling Allen Gardens, Mrs Brackenreid is watching her son Bobby play pirates with a friend, when a young woman's scream attracts her attention. Mrs Brackenreid and the friend's nanny rush to her aid. When she returns to Bobby, he is gone, and the other boy, Robert, remains.
This is a very different episode in that the focus is on Thomas and Margaret Brackenreid, as they deal with the disappearance of their son. Both Thomas Craig and Arwen Humphries are to be commended for the acting as they portrayed the emotions that would constitute every parent's worst nightmare. I wonder if the writers actually floated the idea of Bobby getting killed, as this is one of the view eps with no murder, then decided it would be too dark for their time slot.
1. I love when Brackenreid calls for William and in just that moment he’s dramatically leaving his office putting his hat on. That thing is his cape.
2. Definitely some great acting from Thomas & Arwen! I've never seen Brackenreid look so defeated.
3. It’s kind of nice to have an episode without a body for once!
4. I’ve started to notice, particularly with this episode, that when William recalls something where he was actually there in that scene it has a red-ish filter. If it is something he is imagining it is blue. I don’t know if this always rings true but I am going to start taking note and see if it does! I don’t know if this would be any significance outside from Julia in her undies in The Murdoch Identity.
5. At the end I notice Julia distances herself from interacting with Bobby. Everyone else has gone to play pirates but she sits and watches. If she would have just mentioned her issues to William sooner… (but then we wouldn’t have 8 going on 9 seasons of those two )
Lucy: Hi everyone! Welcome to the shoutbox. Leave messages here for everyone to read.
Jan 30, 2013 21:44:07 GMT
Lucy: I think it's a really good idea and I hope you all do too. Please can I stress that no spoilers are to be posted here but you may say how amazing the episodes were
Jan 30, 2013 21:44:55 GMT
shangas: KUNG HEY FATT CHOY!!!! **Lights firecrackers**
Feb 9, 2013 9:30:00 GMT
shangas: What do Peking Ducks play with on Chinese New Year? FIRE-QUACKERS!!
Feb 9, 2013 9:32:39 GMT
fundraiser: Bid on a walk-on, in full costume, and make-up, as well as lunch with the cast on Murdoch Mysteries.
Mar 19, 2013 0:09:53 GMT
fundraiser: Bid on a Tea with Maureen Jennings at The King Edward Hotel. Charity auction on eBay March 21-25th details www.luxuryandvintage.com Can find details at this site for Charity auction for walk-on on Murdoch Mysteries
Mar 19, 2013 0:10:57 GMT
CosmicCavalcade: Happy Hallowe'en my fellow Murdochians!
Oct 31, 2013 14:28:58 GMT
mrsbrisby: There is another series that might be cancelled. It is called Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries and it is produced in Australia. Please go to petition.org, enter the series name in the search box and fill out the petition. It is the only chance this show has
Jan 29, 2014 12:58:09 GMT
eus: How do i get a different avatar? I notice some people have stills from the show. How do you do that?
Apr 6, 2014 16:17:18 GMT
Ｅｇｏｔｉｓｔｉｃａｌ: Wow ... this is out of date ...
Jun 21, 2014 22:45:34 GMT
Ｅｇｏｔｉｓｔｉｃａｌ: BUT OMFG THIS IS FUN LETS ABUSE THE SHOUTBOX WHOOO
Jun 21, 2014 22:45:57 GMT
rdw69: Wanted – a summary of 11-1 after 9-25 for DVD-only viewers vs a 1 year wait.
Aug 31, 2017 11:30:50 GMT
whathaveyougeorge: Does anyone know when they actually tape at the Scarborough set? I live only 5 minutes from the set but have never been around when they are actually taping on set. I have HUGE Murdoch friends who would LOVE to at least see the set in action.
Aug 16, 2021 16:50:08 GMT